Yellowstone is famous for its wildlife ... well, and also for its thermal features ... and for its waterfalls. Well, its famous for a lot of things, but one is its wildlife. We have seen a lot of interesting critters during our 2 1/2 weeks in the park. We even got a few nice photos of some. Unfortunately, while we saw some black bears, we didn't see a grizzly. And we never saw a wolf.
So here is a post showing off some of my favorite wildlife photos.
Enjoy.
![]() |
| A bison jam |
![]() |
| Black bear |
![]() |
| Bull elk taken from our coach at Mammoth CG |
![]() |
| Black bear cub on the boardwalk |
![]() | |
| Uinta (ground squirrel). This was Matilda's favorite wildlife. |
![]() |
| "You can't see me!" |
![]() |
| "Dorcas! Keep your eyes on the road!" |
![]() |
| These guys posed perfectly |
![]() |
| Shedding his winter coat |
![]() |
| I think I violated Rule #5 in previous post! |
![]() |
| Taken from our coach at Bridge Bay CG |
![]() |
| Black bear says "Hello" |
![]() |
| Black bear says "Yum!" as he munches the clover. |
![]() |
| Black bear says "Bye bye" |
![]() |
| Coyote on the prowl |
![]() |
| Apparently he's not in the mood for swans this morning |
![]() |
| "I see you too!" |
![]() |
| The ground squirrel got away. Dang! |
![]() |
| Elk hanging out at Mammoth Hot Springs |
![]() |
| Look carefully, there is a bull moose hiding in the shadows. |
![]() |
| Mule deer |
![]() |
| White pelicans |
![]() |
| Osprey on her nest |
![]() |
| Trumpeter Swans |
![]() |
| "If you don't back off, I'm calling the ranger!" |



























4 comments:
Great photography. Too many bison shots, Myron. You must have a new camera.
George and Irene
I bought a new Nikon DSLR two years ago before we went to Alaska. I did buy a new 300mm zoom this spring and that helps with wildlife shots. I remember way back, when I would carry 10 rolls of Kodachrome for a two-week trip. Now I take that many shots in a day! Digital is cheap!!!!
Oh wow. I knew something was going on with the pics. Amazing close ups.
George
My favorite pictures yet!!! Fantastic!!!
Post a Comment